- Officially register for picoCTF 2017. You will receive a confirmation email with an account activation link.
- Activate your account via the confirmation email.
- After competition start on 31 March 2017, noon EDT, complete the picoCTF 2017 tutorial to unlock your ability to create or join a team.
After you have activated your account via confirmation email and after the competition starts, you will be asked to complete the picoCTF 2017 tutorial. This tutorial introduces the main storyline which each challenge is based upon.
During the tutorial, you will be presented with three simple challenges. Don’t worry — the challenges are fairly simple, and there are hints!
Once you have completed the tutorial, you can create or join a team. Teams may consist of 1-5 players, and may consist of players at different schools. To eligible for prizes, all players on a team must be eligible. See the rules, where it says "How do I become eligible to win team prizes?".
Step 1: After you have completed the tutorial, click on your username in the upper-right corner of the screen to open an account drop-down menu.
- Step 2: In your account drop-down menu, click on “Team Settings.”
- Step 3
- 1: If you are the team leader, share your “Secret Team Token” with 1-4 other players.
- 2: If you are joining a team, enter the Secret Team Token your team leader shared with you in the “Team Token” field, and click “JOIN TEAM.”
NOTE: You cannot leave a team after you have joined, so make sure you execute this step carefully!
SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THE COMPETITION
We encourage everyone to sign up for the picoCTF forum on Piazza, where players may post questions or discuss anything related to the game.